I know I'm slacking - but once I finish updating, then I can keep up with my "real" blogging.
Here's a video of Natalie holding onto a rattle which she was able to do well at 2 months.
She's just adorable.
So on to April. This month went by really fast - they seem to be going by faster and faster.
Logan started his new job at the end of March, but he still had to attend training, so he went out to Anderson, Indiana for 7 days in April. I decided that staying at home with just Natalie, I would have VERY long days, and a VERY long week missing Logan - so I decided to go spend 5 days with my sister Amanda and her family. It was a fun week, and really helpful. Here's Natalie's cousin Simon. He has a little brother on his way, so it was good to get Simon used to having a little baby around that cries :)
Another great part of this month was my progress in breastfeeding. I know that I've probably put a little too much information in my blog about this - especially for any men that might be reading it - however, I think it's important for people who haven't experienced breastfeeding to be exposed to as much as possible. Before having my baby, I was warned about the difficulties of breastfeeding - however, not in too much detail. I really wish I had known more, and that women weren't so quiet about it - but discussing your breasts isn't often a comfortable topic of discussion :) I had heard that it hurts really bad for about a week, but then it will be ok. This was not the case for me - nor for a bunch of other women I have met during this time. If you're reading this, and you know of someone who is going to have a baby, or is going through breastfeeding dilemmas, let them know that breastfeeding comes easy to 25% of women, and the other 75% have difficulties. Of that 75%, 1/3 of them have even more difficulties. I guess I was in that group of people. So, going into April, I embraced the shield, and realized that it would probably be a part of my life for the next 6-10 months. I hated it... but it was FAR better than pumping and bottle feeding. At least I didn't have to carry bottles and a pump around with me. However, by the end of April, I had some more cracking/bleeding, even with the use of a shield! To heal it faster, I pumped and bottle fed for a couple of days. After that, and getting encouragement from some lactation consultants and our baby groups, I thought I would give breastfeeding without the shield one more try. Miraculously, it worked! I was THRILLED of course. Natalie was a pro at latching on, and I guess my body was finally ready and prepped for it. Since then, it's been a breeze, and I am finally ENJOYING feeding my little baby girl.
At the end of the month, we moved Natalie into her own room and crib.
Here's her bedroom.
Here is an FHE plaque that Logan carved, (and I painted). We made the name tags recently, and I'm loving how it turned out.
Here's Natalie with her Grandpa and Grandma Przybyla. She is just so loved.
I can't finish this month without mentioning my Aunt Connie. She passed away this month. She was an amazing woman. I always loved her loud voice and especially her laugh. Even her stubbornness and demanding nature brings back fond memories of her. I'll never forget her fit for Mr. Bubbles cleaning spray. I will never forget her, and I look forward to seeing her again someday. I know that she's with other family members, including my big sis Jena.

No comments:
Post a Comment